Re: [buildd] traveling

On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 10:48:20PM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> Hi there, guys!
>
> Sorry for being out of the loop for so long - first it took a while to get
> network connectivity sorted out at all down here, then we got seriously
> bogged down by househunting, and last of all I finally discovered that
> procmail did hide buildd list mail in a separate mailbox after all. Well,
> first thanks to Wouter for hashing things out with James and others. The
> required infrastructure seems to be put in place after all. Second, I
> agree we should get a distcc solution in place at least for security -
> I'll have to wait to see whether all my hardware survived, but I'll add a
> security distcc chroot to hobbes as soon as I can set up the machines
> (which won't be before mid-November, though).

> >>Doesn't really matter. I have one machine to look after currently;
> >>arrakis is semi-down, as are most of my own machines. If you want to
> >>fill in for cts while he's away, take one; otherwise, I think I can
> >>handle three machines for a couple of weeks :)
> >
> >Please take them all. :)
>
> I can pitch in again as well, should the need arise. ssh and e-mail has
> stabilized ...

> >If there are any of my other buildds you want, please feel free (akire,
> >spice, vault13, vivaldi, poseidon, and/or zeus :).
> >
> >I'm trying to get washi running.
>
> Do you still connect via evil? washi used to have a serial connection to
> evil as well, we should be able to log in there.

Yes. I didn't know about the serial connection.

> I'll poke around on evil if I can connect...

Thanks. It hasn't been terribly stable, but the buildd configuration
seems to be valid now.

Mark said that washi is up fine, but the network has a bunch of errors
and goes offline. I guess that's an argument for letting it buildd some
big packages next time it comes up.

Getting that driver fixed would probably be a good thing. :)

Thanks,

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>