Re: aranym vs atafb

> > If Fast RAM doesn't support DMA
>
> VIDEL has just 23 address wires...

Sure, that's why we need to make sure the frame buffer is addressable by
these 23 bits.

> > it should be added as non-DMA'ble memory.
>
> where can this be set? The bootstrap uses the following struct for
> passing the available memory to kernel and it doesn't contain any flags
> like DMA:

It does not matter where the bootstrap places the ramdisk data. It's
copied to a different (allocated) spot later by the kernel. It just so
happens that that spot falls into ST-RAM, and steals our precious ST-RAM.

Several fixes are possible; I'll try the most generic one next.