Re: Bug in frexp() on m68k?

On Thu, Dec 20, 2007 at 05:08:07PM +0300, Sergei Golovan wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Could someone confirm a bug in frexp() function. Using Debian sid in
> Aranym I run the following program:
[...]
> and get the output
> 0.55, 1
> 0.05, -2147483647
>
> which should be
> 0.55, 1
> 0.8, -3
>
> (The result is incorrect iff the argument is less than 1 in absolute
> value). Could it be a bug in Aranym? Where to report it better?

On my IIci I do not see this problem, but that one is running etch-m68k
(since for some reason I can't seem to be able to boot 2.6 on that
machine, so sid is not an option for now).

That being said, when I look at the disassembled version of frexp in
libc 2.3.6 (the one in etch-m68k) and the same in libc 2.5, there are no
differences; so yes, this would sound like a bug in aranym.

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22