kiivi going berserk

Hi,

As most of you probably noted, kiivi went berserk the other day. It had
been misbehaving in a totally locked up state for over a week, and I
started noticing that I hadn't been receiving any mails from it anymore,
so I investigated. It appeared that it was locked up in some SSH
command, so I killed all buildd processes and hoped it'd work then.

It didn't, actually; instead, it went berserk, and it started well over
140 individual buildd processes. We've now killed buildd, I've given
back all packages, and I'll try to figure out what happened.

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22