Re: mouseemu

On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 10:18:42PM +0200, Petr Stehlik wrote:
> Eugen Paiuc pí?e v Út 31. 07. 2007 v 18:26 +0200:
> > BTW for 2.6.22 , maybe you add
> > # CONFIG_TUN= m
> > Aranym need that,
>
> Why does it need that? For what? Host kernel does need it but why the
> Atari kernel running inside of ARAnyM?

Um, now I enabled it for atari... show I enable it for the other m68k
subarches, too, in case anybody wants to run aranym on amiga or mac?

I finally got my efika/powerpc board to work, it was extremely easy to
install etch onto it, once I had the correct hardware. I built a gcc-3.3
cross-compiler, but building gcc 4.1 or 4.2 failed so far. I was hoping to
use this board as a cheap and energy efficient cross-compiler for my m68k
machines, but I will need a recent gcc cross-compiler. Ideally I was hoping
to run aranym on this board and run linux in aranym together with the
cross-compiler. aranym itself is running fine, well slow, but it works,
however the mouse does not seem to work and with the etch image I hoped that
liux would boot automatically, but it does not and without a mouse and atari
seems to be useless. Any hints on how to activate the mouse or autoboot into
linux?

In the long run, aranym might be too heavy for this board, since it only has
128MB of RAM and a 400MHz CPU, but cross-compiling might still be faster
than native compiling on the mac, I hope. Has anybody build a recent
cross-compiler on a powerpc?

Christian