Re: etch-m68k security update

On Sat, Jun 23, 2007 at 10:40:11PM +0000, Bill Allombert wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 24, 2007 at 12:08:32AM +0200, Luk Claes wrote:
> > If you mean for etch, I guess you should upload them to etch-m68k.
>
> I will not do that: I do binary-only upload so etch-m68k Sources file
> would not match the Packages file. Also I want to make etch-m68k identical
> to etch, so etch-m68k Sources file should stay identical to etch Sources
> file.

Just FTR, that's not the way it's implemented. Since we can't get
updates to etch anymore, etch-m68k is supposed to be a different suite,
which generates its own Sources file. You can /try/ to make them
identical, but if updates are needed, then that won't happen (because
then you really do need updates).

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22