Re: [buildd] Stuff

On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 10:33:26AM -0500, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 03:30:46PM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > Also, I/we've been asked to start building for oldstable ('oldstable' in
> > wanna-build, as opposed to oldstable-security), since they apparently
> > have the ability now to do point releases of oldstable too, which they
> > want to do, and there's already 61 packages in needs-build for oldstable
> > (d-i stuff to a large extent).
>
> I'll turn that back on for zeus and poseidon. Last I checked, there
> wasn't an oldstable db, I see it now.

Yeah, James had set that up just before I spoke him.

Note that you'll need to patch sbuild to know about oldstable (it has a
hardcoded list of distributions somewhere, you need to add oldstable to
that list. It's pretty straightforward).

> I wish we could get an etch-m68k (or even stable) db too.

Talked to Ryan (on IRC) for that, he replied he's working on some code
merge for wanna-build currently which would take about a week, and that
he'd do it after that.

> > I decided that since quickstep is still running 2.2 ATM, it can't be
>
> It looks like quickstep is a Quadra 650.

A Centris 650, actually.

> The etch-m68k or sid 2.6 kernels should run fine. I've even got a
> console on my Centris 650 and both my Quadra 950s! (I'm still
> excited.)

Oh, goody. Didn't know that. I should upgrade it first thing when I get
home then, I guess.

> > very useful for experimental autobuilding for much longer (newer glibc
> > in unstable will require a newer kernel rather soonishly), so that it
> > might make sense to start using it for oldstable and stable. I'm
> > currently in the process of setting it up as such (hopefully that'll be
> > finished sometime during the week), and James told me he'd add the key
> > to wanna-build.
>
> Can you get him to fix/check the one for washi too?

That's Bill's machine, right? I already asked him to do that.

[...]

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22