Re:

On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 05:15:11PM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > That said, maybe that Steve can build weely images based on sid for m68k.
>
> I doubt that - parts will be uninstallable at pretty much all times.
> That's why it would be nice to have testing (or maybe testing-m68k, based
> on etch-m68k).

testing should be based on sid.

> Re: volunteers: I have volunteered to help Wouter with managing testing
> for m68k even before the etch release. Repeatedly. Only, anything in the
> way of documentation or description of the testing ftpmaster scripts, or
> any other tools needed to control progression of unstable packages into
> testing-m68k, has NOT been forthcoming. Ever.

When I asked about m68k and testing on release, they said they were fine
with the idea of m68k testing. However, until we solve our outstanding
toolchain problems (gcc-4.1, gcc-4.2, and glibc tls), it pretty much isn't
going to happen.

> Back to wearing my 'm68k kernel hacker' hat ...

We need more of that too (still don't have 2.6.20 on m68k :).

Having parted know about atari partitions would also be nice -- making
it much easier to install on atari. If anyone is interested, there are
some preliminary patches floating around I can point you to.

Peace,

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>