Re:

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 10:47:54PM -0700, Brian Morris wrote:
>On 5/9/07, Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> wrote:
>>On Wednesday 09 May 2007 06:52, Brian Morris wrote:
>>> please provide us with updated images so that I and
>>> others with slow internet/ multiple machine needs for
>>> cd images can do our updates.
>>
>>The m68k architecture is currently not in testing (a consequence of it not
>>being an Etch release architecture), so it is impossible to build images
>>for it. The m68k porters are working on getting the architecture
>>supported again, but it is currently unknown if and when that will
>>happen.
>>
>>Cheers,
>>FJP
>>
>boy you are one mean bureaucratic honcho. where do
>you get off talking down to people like that ?

I fail to see anything in Frans' response that could be interpreted as
"talking down". Care to enlighten us?

>it loooks to me like testing is there.  I think you are in error
>about that, or else there is some dispute.

No, m68k is not currently in testing:

$ ls -al /mirror/debian/dists/lenny/main/binary-m68k
ls: /mirror/debian/dists/lenny/main/binary-m68k: No such file or directory

<snip>

>it seems to me you are blocking the possibility of reinstatement
>of the port by not providing the means to create images.
>and also that you are blocking the principles of free
>software, if not the legal statement of the licenses.
>
>I understand some protectiveness around the release
>of official cd images. but that cannot be allowed to
>continue the erosion of  our freedoms. it is a very
>dangerous thing and debian has no business being
>on the wrong side of it.

I'm sorry, but I can make no sense of what you're trying to say here,
particularly in terms of "erosion of our freedoms". I'll reply to what
I *think* you're trying to ask, though...

As soon as there is something available for m68k that we can usefully
build against, I will happily re-add m68k to the list of regularly
built CD and DVD images.

Support the Campaign for Audiovisual Free Expression: http://www.eff.org/cafe/