Re: Mac Keyboard Issues in X

On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 10:59:57PM -0500, Joel Ewy wrote:
> So is did Debian transition from XF86 3.x to 4.x with Woody?  Is it
> reasonable to think that the issue might lie in the 4.x ADB keyboard
> driver?  Does Etch switch from XF86 to xorg?  Any reason to think that
> might work any better?  Anybody else running X on a Mac who can confirm
> this behavior?

Yes, Debian appears to have switched versions between potato and woody.
I don't know about how the ADB was handled in X back in those days,
but with a 2.6 kernel ADB is using the normal input layer in the kernel.
This should make it act the same in X as a PC style keyboard. I haven't
tried it myself, however.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com