mac status, was Re: time setting on 950

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007, Stephen R Marenka wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 01:12:39AM +0200, Riccardo wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I tried finn's 2.6 kernel and I see ther eis proble, on Q950 at least.
> > I hope that the scsi can be improved and that the IIfx will work soon.
> > One f the nasty little things that is missing is the RTC support: the
> > machiine boots always with "epoch". While the system time can be stet
> > later, it is boring and also it means that initial file system check
> > act strangely often.
> >
> > 2.2 kernel worked: is there some driver not working anymore?
>
> It worked on a 950? It didn't on mine.
>
> > or was there some smart trick to get the date passed by penguin?
>
> I go with crontab and ntpdate (ntpdate-debian).

If ntpd can't keep sync (?) I guess you'd have to. I'd be a bit worried
about back-stepping the clock during make, though.

> > In either case it would be nice to support it under 2.6
>
> Ack. :)

Indeed. I guess it is the most important bug to fix of all the outstanding
bugs.

I've finally put up the mac status info that I have collected.

   http://www.mac.linux-m68k.org/status/

...there's more on the Q950 issues there.

-f