Re: testing_outdate, build clustalw, buildd information request...

On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 11:26:21PM -0600, Drew Scott Daniels wrote:

> What's going on with etch-secure? See
> http://etch-secure.buildd.net/index-m68k.html that things are claimed
> but seemingly nothing's been built for a long time. What is this? An
> unembargoed pre-release version of the security buildd setup?

Yes, etch-secure is some unembargoed stuff, handled by Andreas Barth & Co.
Please ask him about details.

> Where's tpu, spu buildd information? I'm guessing security uploads are
> embargoed, but proposed updates shouldn't be security updates right?

If there's something missing, please tell me in detail. Bad thing is that
I don't have that much time for buildd.net anymore, but there's stilll so
much to do. Even more sadly my call for help resulted in just two people
that are willing to help, but seem to be very busy themselves as well. So,
if there are some more people interested to help, I would appreciate their
work! :)

> Fwiw, I'd like it if all of buildd.net's targets were being built. If
> that means more buildd's, then why not? backports shows no buildds.
> non-free may need another buildd. sarge-volatile is built, but may be
> problematic later (where's ekg's libreadline4 though? dep-wait since 2005?).

The problem is partly with the buildd suite itself. It's not very flexible
and therefore a new target needs a special patch buildd/sbuild version to be
able to build from buildd.d.o or from ftbfs.de.
If the buildd suite would be smarter, we could use all available machines
for the other targets as well.

> I've heard some people talk about not building testing, or not releasing
> with etch. Isn't the port just about ready for etch? Most of the
> remaining ftbfs could be made not-for-us (nfu) on m68k right? E.g.
> mozart, r-base... vorlon or aj seemed to suggest once that porters
> should mark more packages as nfu (although I'm sure they want to avoid
> dependency problems).

IMHO, it should be ready for etch, when someone would resolve the
outstanding issues by adding them to nfu.

--
Ciao...                //        Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo           \X/         SIP: 2744150@sipgate.de

gpg pubkey: http://www.juergensmann.de/ij/public_key.asc