Re: Future of m68k - Etch and beyond

On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 12:02:05PM +1100, Finn Thain wrote:

> I agree completely. I've fought political attempts to downgrade bugs
> before (in gentoo's ppc-macos port. Fortunately, those in power were more
> open to discussion.)
> In Debian, it seems that the political cost of losing an arch is
> insignificant compared to the political cost of a late release. (Well, it
> helps to somehow spin the decision as "not killing" the said arch.)

Well, I think it's obvious that Debian don't want to support a m68k port
anymore. It started with the Vancouver Proposal, continued with excluding
from testing migration scripts and to other actions (or not-actions).

I think m68k is just the first arch to be dropped by Debian. Look at ubuntu
and see how fast PPC was dropped after Apples switch...

--
Ciao...                //        Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo           \X/         SIP: 2744150@sipgate.de

gpg pubkey: http://www.juergensmann.de/ij/public_key.asc