Re: Change in package architectures list.

Michael Schmitz <schmitz@mail.biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de> writes:

> Depending on the access pattern, a ratio of 2:1 swap to ram would be
> painful. The only machine where I could try that right away only has
> 256 MB RAM... and it's building gcc-snapshot right now.

I don't really know how much RAM might be required for a reasonable
gcc build time.  I only know a bit about the VM size.

> I'll give it a shot on the 512 MB box as soon as we're largely clear
> of the backlog.

Before you can try that I'll have to generate a new source package,
one that includes pre-generated C for arm.  Do you have any idea how
long it might be before you would be able to try the build?

Jeroen (and anyone else): The upstream would really like to see the
  newer version in etch.  I don't know if that's still a possiblity,
  but if it is, what would be the best way to proceed?

Thanks
--
Rob Browning
rlb @defaultvalue.org and @debian.org; previously @cs.utexas.edu