Re: Change in package architectures list.

On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 07:46:55PM -0800, Rob Browning wrote:

> In the latest upload of stalin (a new version), I removed arm and m68k
> from the architecture list.  However, I wanted to double-check and
> make sure that was appropriate.
>
> I believe compiling stalin with gcc now requires a bit over 1GB.
> i.e. gcc's VSS grows to a bit over 1GB.  Ignoring any other concerns,
> it didn't look like the arm and m68k buildds would be likely to handle
> that very well.
>
> However, if the buildd admins are willing to make sure that the
> buildds have perhaps 1.5GB total (swap included) and are willing to
> let the build run long enough to finish, then it should be possible to
> restore m68k and arm support.

It could be possible to build the package under aranym and/or distcc:
If cc1 need 1Gb of RAM, setup distcc to a host with at least 1Gb of
RAM. If ld need 1Gb of RAM, setup aranym with at least 1Gb of RAM.
For arm qemu-system-arm might do the trick.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.