Re: debian-installer/sarge

On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 03:12:45PM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > Right, he asked me on IRC, Wouter asked me on IRC, but that was on friday
> > night when my IRC client ran at work... seems we live in different
> > timezones. I started some builds on monday, but as I said I grabbed the
> > wrong source. When that was finished another build on q650 had already been
> > started, but the timeout wasn't adjusted properly. It does not help blaming
> > other people now, but it would help for all packages if they would produce
> > some output if they are still working on something, especially if that part
> > takes a long time.
>
> The timeout on q650 should be adjusted properly now. We can requeue it
> there.

That wont help... w3m is used for building parts of the documentation but
w3m segfaults on m68k (looks like #318806). debian-installer has been
changed to fail when the documentation isn't built properly, so the build
will fail unless somebody fixes w3m (does not seem likely to me) or you undo
the change in d-i. I have been trying the latter, the second build is
running, I have some hope that it completes this time. But am I allowed to
upload that? Either way, we need a real fix here and not just a hack.

> Can I get a good estimate on required build space? I'd try to build it on
> the Falcon if the space isn't more than about 1 GB.

Dunno, I am building it manually on aahz. Maybe the old build-logs show the
space requirement?

Christian