Re: debian-installer/sarge

On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 11:29:42PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> > It takes about five hours to do the dailies on my Quadra 950.
> > akire's up and not busy, that's probably the place to do it.
>
> The problem is that for an official build for Sarge, you also need to
> build the installation guide and all its translations, and that takes way
> more processing power than the images themselves...
>
> The is not an issue anymore for Etch as the installation guide was split
> out into a separate package, but for Sarge it was (for technical reasons)
> still integrated.
>
> Cheers,
> FJP
>
> (Not subscribed, but noticed this thread from zobel's blog.)

Yes, nice blog. The first two fails were timeouts while building the
documentation, my machine is stuck here since 90 minutes already:
Writing build.out/html/index.html for book
Info: creating temporary .tex file...
But don't worry, it should not time out, since I build it manually. And good
that the documentation has been split out for etch.

The third fail was because of a lack of diskspace. I guess most m68k
maintainers would not mind a larger SCSI disk, but with only 4 or 9GB disks
in most machines, we are doing the best we can.

Wouters mail was the first official request for help with this package. I
had tried building it already a couple of days ago, but I started out with
the wrong source package, the build went fine though. I was told this was
being taken care of and there was no further request until Wouters mail.
I don't know who the stable release manager is right now, but when Joey was
still doing it, he first asked for help before putting another nail in our
coffin. But don't worry, I am not playing the d-kernel games, you will get
your package tomorrow, unless a lightning strikes here... uh, whats that
noise?

Christian