Re: [buildd] Etch?

On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 01:43:46AM +1000, Finn Thain wrote:

> > * As a result, too many uncompiled packages since *ages*. We haven't
> >   been over the 95% mark of the buildd.debian.org "graph" (as opposed to
> >   "graph2") since almost a year, if I'm not mistaken, which is just
> >   terribly bad.
> I may be able help with some compute cycles, as I've just obtained a
> Quadra 840AV.

Well, additional machines *might* help and take off some load from other
machines (namely buildds), but as others already have pointed out, cpu
cycles are not that big problem.
OTOH, I've helped Roger Leigh and others in the last weeks with giving away
accounts on m68ks so they can investigate and fix some bugs.
Maybe you want to join http://www.buildd.net/cgi/devel-systems.phtml with
your box? It's basically about using LDAP and some dchroots for the users.
Sadly, I still have to implement the SSH key scripts from io.debian.net, so
that DDs can automatically request a login by mail.

--
Ciao...                //        Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo           \X/         SIP: 2744150@sipgate.de

gpg pubkey: http://www.juergensmann.de/ij/public_key.asc