Re: debian-installer

Stephen R Marenka píše v So 09. 12. 2006 v 19:13 -0600:
> Atari has now been added back to the daily d-i builds. I've also fixed
> some of the amiga stuff (StartInstall). It'd be nice if someone with
> those boxen could test them out and let me know what else needs to be
> fixed.

First, there was a theory that "ramdisk_size" is no longer needed with
2.6.x kernels. That's wrong, unfortunately:
================begin=================
RAMDISK: ext2 filesystem found at block 0
RAMDISK: image too big! (8220KiB/4096KiB)
No filesystem could mount root, tried:  ext3 ext2 minix msdos iso9660
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
unknown-block(1,0)
=================end==================

So please fix the
http://people.debian.org/~smarenka/d-i/images-m68k/daily/tools/atari/bootargs

Adding " ramdisk_size=9000" seems to fix the problem:
================begin=================
RAMDISK: ext2 filesystem found at block 0
RAMDISK: Loading 8220KiB [1 disk] into ram disk... done.

Second, the Atari kernel at
http://people.debian.org/~smarenka/d-i/images-m68k/daily/kernels/vmlinuz-2.6.18-3-atari
does not boot at all (on ARAnyM) - just black screen. Perhaps the Atari
framebuffer supoprt is not there yet? Hoping that Michael's 2.6.x Atari
fixes get into your debian kernel ASAP.

Thanks

Petr