Re: debian-installer

> Stephen R Marenka pí?e v So 09. 12. 2006 v 19:13 -0600:
> > Atari has now been added back to the daily d-i builds. I've also fixed
> > some of the amiga stuff (StartInstall). It'd be nice if someone with
> > those boxen could test them out and let me know what else needs to be
> > fixed.
>
> First, there was a theory that "ramdisk_size" is no longer needed with
> 2.6.x kernels. That's wrong, unfortunately:
> ================begin=================
> RAMDISK: ext2 filesystem found at block 0
> RAMDISK: image too big! (8220KiB/4096KiB)

The default ramdisk size is 4096k, so that makes perfect sense.

> Second, the Atari kernel at
> http://people.debian.org/~smarenka/d-i/images-m68k/daily/kernels/vmlinuz-2.6.18-3-atari
> does not boot at all (on ARAnyM) - just black screen. Perhaps the Atari
> framebuffer supoprt is not there yet? Hoping that Michael's 2.6.x Atari
> fixes get into your debian kernel ASAP.

2.6.18-3 predates my 2.6.18 work by some margin. Neither framebuffer nor
keyboard support are present in that version. Might even die when
initializing the scheduling timer...

I was hoping Christian had built 2.6.18-5; that version should work.