Re: ICE on linux-2.6 (2.6.18, official debs)

"Christian T. Steigies" <cts@debian.org> writes:

> On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 08:11:30AM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
>>
>> Could someone tell me how the official images were build?

Same question for linux-2.6.16 (in build-m68k-none-amiga):

  AS      arch/m68k/math-emu/fp_scan.o
arch/m68k/math-emu/fp_scan.S: Assembler messages:
arch/m68k/math-emu/fp_scan.S:67: Error: Unknown operator -- statement `getuser.b
 (%a0),%d0,fp_err_ua1,%a0' ignored

Does that suddenly disapear when you cross compile too?

> I cross-compiled them on an i386 or amd64 machine using this command:
> debuild -d -B -am68k
>
> The cross-compiler is built from the debian source packages without any
> additional patches:

How do you build them for amd64? I tried building the toolchain-source
package for m68k-linux on amd64 but it failed. I also asked Hector
Oron (zumbi on irc) if he could build a toolchain from the new cross
toolchain repository and he also failed for amd64 (worked for i386
though).

I want to setup a m68k buildd with distcc and cross-gcc, recompile
all of base and deboostrap that as a test how well it works. But
without cross tools that is a bit hard. :(

MfG
        Goswin