Re: m68k release future

On Sat, Oct 21, 2006 at 06:58:21AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> So, from the other thread, seems like the idea for m68k is:
>
>    (a) keep building unstable as per usual
>
>    (b) maintain a separate testing-like suite for m68k based on (and
>        thus probably trailing) the real testing, maintained by m68k
>        porters, that is installable (using d-i etc)
>
>    (c) not bother with an etch-equivalent release for m68k

I'm with Stephen on this one. It doesn't have to be a full release, but
something that we and our users can use and that we can build security
support packages for would be nice.

>    (d) try to release with etch+1, possibly with coldfire support

s/possibly/presumably/

> The m68k certification pages on the wiki suggest it might be good to
> have acks/naks from:
>
>    1.  Wouter Verhelst

Ack

>    2.  Stephen R Marenka
>    3.  Christian T. Steigies
>    4.  Adam Conrad
>    5.  Michael Schmitz
>
> I think Michael Schmitz has said he's willing to do some of the
> maintenance work on the testing-like stuff;

So have I, FWIW.

> I'd suggest it'd probably be ideal to have either two or three people
> doing it -- you have to already be a DD though. It might also be
> worthwhile to join the RM team as a release assistant in that case,
> ymmv.

In what way? Isn't the point of release assistants to be interested in
more than just their pet architecture? Am I missing something?

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22