Re: m68k not a release arch for etch; status in testing, future plans?

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006, Riccardo wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 18, 2006, at 05:18  PM, Roman Zippel wrote:
> > This build attempt is from before gcj was fixed and once the buildd gets
> > to it, it will build fine.
> > What's the point of this? arm fails to build this currently, do they get
> > kicked out now because of this?
>
> You did a lot for 68k from what I read, but calm down a moment! I think that
> in this case Steve (which I don't know)  asked if I could do something for
> kaffe since technically I am one of the "upstream" of kaffe. Probably he
> inferred that by looking at my email address. So maybe we can both have a look
> at this, the more packages working in m68k the better!

Assumed m68k would be able to kill (most of) the backlog in time, what would
prevent m68k from becoming releasable?
  - It didn't sustain the `95%' rate during the last x months?
  - Some packages still don't build?
  - The release team has to come back on a decision made a while ago?
  - ...?

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

P.S. This email is not meant to be offensive. I'd just like to have a clear,
     objective list of reasons, so we know towards what to work.

							    -- Linus Torvalds