Re: Re: Atari machines running Debian?

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > On Tue, 22 Aug 2006, Petr Stehlik wrote:
> > BTW, what happened to the patches for framebuffer support? I remember
> > someone
> > was working on it for ARAnyM, but I'm still waiting for the patches...
> >
> I did receive some patch from Petr, but that would not run either...  I need a
> primer in the current fbcon API before giving it another go.

Frame buffer devices themselves became much simpler, so that's the easy part.

For drawing, you have to implement the following frame buffer operations:

    .fb_fillrect
    .fb_copyarea
    .fb_imageblit

After all these years, I think I finally understand how Atari bitplanes really
look like, but without hardware to test...

But now we have Aranym, maybe it's easier for me to make atafb work than to
unpack and resurrect my Amiga :-)

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds