Re: [buildd] Known workaround for graphicsmagick failure?

Hi,

On Mon, 7 Aug 2006, Stephen R Marenka wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 01:46:03PM +0200, Daniel Kobras wrote:
>
> > graphicsmagick 1.1.7-6 failed to build on m68k due to what looks
> > suspiciously like a binutils bug:
>
> I agree. I've just uploaded a binutils binNMU which should hopefully fix
> the problem. I've requeued graphicsmagick on a buildd that already has
> the new binutils installed.

It seems we really have a binutils problem somewhere, e.g. with an older
binutils I got gtk+2.0 past the failure point in build logs.
The problem is now tracking down the real problem, as I also used a new
gcc build with the old binutils, now I have to take a closer look at
binutils problem, but compiling all these packages takes a while...
So this a little heads-up, that it might be needed to recompile the whole
toolchain, as I'm not really trusting the new gcc compiled with the latest
binutils.

bye, Roman