Re: Build problems on arrakis

On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 04:06:18PM +0200, Frank K?ster wrote:

> Ingo Juergensmann <ij@2006.bluespice.org> wrote:
> >> I think we had similar bug reports previously, but IIRC it was always on
> >> buildds, and I never got a buildd admin to reply or to help with
> >> debugging.
> > I would recommend to clean up arrakis' chroot and requeue that package
> > on arrakis again.
> So you have no idea how the files could get lost?

Sadly no....

> They're in the deb,
> it's an arch-all package, so it shouldn't happen (like most bugs...).

...except there was another (maybe unrelated) problem that prevented the
correct and full installation of those packages.

> But this is not the only case (just google for "update-language: command
> not found", or http://bugs.debian.org/344538, or "build problems on
> sarti" on the hppa list).  Might there be some "real reason"?

Might be as well, but difficult to tell after some months. Therefore my
recommendation of cleaning up the chroot and re-run the build. If everything
goes well, it should've been an intermittent problem, that occured on
several archs/machines. If it breaks again, we could investigate it more
deeply.

--
Ciao...                //        Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo           \X/         SIP: 2744150@sipgate.de

gpg pubkey: http://www.juergensmann.de/ij/public_key.asc