Re: Build problems on arrakis

Ingo Juergensmann <ij@2006.bluespice.org> wrote:

> pi  tex-common                       0.23
> iF  tetex-base                       3.0-18
>
> Given the original bugreport it's no wonder that tetex-base is listed as
> "iF", but:
>
> arrakis:/# dpkg -S update-language
> dpkg: *update-language* not found.
[...]
> So, there's a broken chroot on arrakis as it seems, but I can't say why
> tex-common wasn't installed proberly as a dependency of tetex-base
>
>> I think we had similar bug reports previously, but IIRC it was always on
>> buildds, and I never got a buildd admin to reply or to help with
>> debugging.
>
> I would recommend to clean up arrakis' chroot and requeue that package
> on arrakis again.

So you have no idea how the files could get lost?  They're in the deb,
it's an arch-all package, so it shouldn't happen (like most bugs...).
But this is not the only case (just google for "update-language: command
not found", or http://bugs.debian.org/344538, or "build problems on
sarti" on the hppa list).  Might there be some "real reason"?

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX)