Re: booting 2.6.16-20060523 on my Macintosh Quadra 700

On Fri, 26 May 2006, Finn Thain wrote:

> On Thu, 25 May 2006, Alex Teclo wrote:

[snip]

> > At the fourth attempt, yet another error:
> > http://www.geocities.com/alexteclo/quadra700/2_6_16_20060523/009.jpg
>
> Can't explain that hang either. I'll try to reproduce it on the weekend.

I've built a 2.6.16.18 kernel with the Sonic ethernet driver but no Mac II
ADB driver. I tested it on my Q700 and it seems to have stopped the
crashes. Hopefully it will get you further, but bear in mind that it may
lack Debian's patches (the sources are based on the m68k repo).

    http://www.telegraphics.com.au/~fthain/alex/

I left the CUDA and IOP ADB drivers in, but the other ADB drivers are not
configured (since they've always crashed my macs in 2.4 and later
kernels). I'll try to debug them one of these days...

-f