Re: booting 2.6.16-20060523 on my Macintosh Quadra 700

On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 08:08:58PM +0200, Alex Teclo wrote:
> I'm trying the new kernel which is at
> http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/linux-image/experimental/linux-image-2.6.16-2-mac_2.6.16-15_m68k.deb
>
> At the second attempt, there were to problems:
> 1) the initialization of the network adapter failed. But I think this
> is a "known issue" since someone said there wasn't support for the
> sonic ethernet in this kernel.
> 2) the /dev/ttyS* devices are initialized and then, nothing... Look at
> this picture:
> http://www.geocities.com/alexteclo/quadra700/2_6_16_20060523/007.jpg

The sonic driver depends on some patches for DMA support in order to
work, so people haven't been putting it in any default kernels. There
have been threads here and there about getting that fix in the tree.

The serial doesn't work because there isn't a driver at all. I'm
working on building the infrastructure to reuse the driver from ppc
macs (pmac_zilog), but I've been too busy to work on it recently.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com