Re: klibc m68k state

On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 07:01:26PM +0200, maximilian attems wrote:
> thanks to cts klibc got more build fixes and 1.3.19 should
> just build fine on m68k.

Successful build.

> On Fri, 05 May 2006, maximilian attems wrote:
>
> > you need build-dep linux-headers-2.6.16-1 for m68k.
> > hope to get some feedback if it's working, a good first test is the fstype
> > binary:  /usr/lib/klibc/bin/fstype < /dev/sda1
> > an even cooler test would be an initramfs-tools boot which uses run-init.
>
> i'm eager to hear of one of the aboves tests.

(sid-di)root@zeus:~# /usr/lib/klibc/bin/fstype < /dev/sda1
stdin: error 4294966272

(sid-di)root@zeus:~# /usr/lib/klibc/bin/fstype < /dev/sda9
stdin: error 4294966272

It builds initrd's for the latest kernels just fine, which means they
can at least now be installed on systems with running kernels < 2.6.
Yeah!  Unfortunately, my hardware doesn't work with 2.6 yet, so I'll
have to leave that test for someone else.

Thanks,

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>