Re: Bug#362590: FTBFS on m68k
- To: Reinhard Tartler <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Bug#362590: FTBFS on m68k
- From: Michel Dänzer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 09:18:43 +0200
- Message-id: <1145344723.4899.39.camel@localhost>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <20060414121508.GV6759@marenka.net> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20060415174910.GB16997@marenka.net> <email@example.com>
On Mon, 2006-04-17 at 16:07 +0200, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> I currently cannot imagine that there is any use for openal/freealut
> and reverse depending packages on m68k machines. While I assume that
> there are soundcards for m86k, which can produce stereo sound,
Indeed, AFAIK, most m68k machines out there can do that out of the box.
> I'd like to hear if somebody knows about multi-channel soundscards, which
> would/could work.
I'm not sure that's really all that important? I've never used any such
card, but OpenAL has been working nicely for me on powerpc, amd64 and
i386. I suspect the real questions are
* Do m68k machines typically have enough horse power for OpenAL to
reasonably mix the stereo stream?
* Do m68k machines typically meet the other requirements of games
that use OpenAL? In particular, most if not all of them seem to
require 3D acceleration.
Earthling Michel Dänzer | Debian (powerpc), X and DRI developer
Libre software enthusiast | http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=daenzer