Re: 2.6 kernel

On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 01:22:49PM +0400, nzabrod wrote:

> I have a script file, that boots 2.4.x in PAL =), I just put a new kernel name in it.
> The problem is: I have white screen, when booting 2.4, but in a few seconds kernel boot process starting.
> In this 2.6.8 I have only "heartbeat" mod on power led and =((( - white screen.

How long did you wait? Is your kernel using a ramdisk for booting?
Your 030 might need a while for unpacking the ramdisk image, while the
heartbeat LED will blink right after loading the kernel itself.

What I found useful while dealing with headless machines (on mips (SGI
Indigo2) and sparc (broken graphics)) is the use of a nullmodem cable
(serial console). Even without a serial console you might get more output by
using debug=mem and the dmesg program afterwards under AmigaOS.

--
Ciao...                //        Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo           \X/         SIP: 2744150@sipgate.de

gpg pubkey: http://www.juergensmann.de/ij/public_key.asc