Re: linux-image-2.6.15-6 (was: Solution for issue with PicassoII and flickering pixels)

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 09:07:07PM -0500, Peter Krummrich wrote:

> It seems like the 2.6.15 kernel did something strange to my clock. I checked
> my archive with sent e-mail messages. Everything was fine until Feb. 06,
> 2006 (about the day I booted 2.6.15 the first time). The reply message with
> my findings has a date of Aug. 12, 2005. As I did not change the clock
> (intentionally...), it seems like the 2.6.15 kernel did it.

The kernel does not do anything to the clock, it just reads the hwclock.
When you reboot/poweroff, hwclock writes the date to the RTC, so maybe
hwclock messes things up? Could be possible, if you see how hwclock oopses
on a mac... I wouldn't notice, since I run ntp on all machines. But you
could play with it by running hwclock --systorc and --hctosys a few times.

I built a new amiga image:
http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/linux-image/linux-image-2.6.15-1-amiga_2.6.15-6.1_m68k.deb

cirrusfb is now built in, I tried to activate cyberfb, virgefb, and
retinaz3fb as well, but the all failed due to missing includes:
#include <video/fbcon.h>

Also atafb is trying to include fbcon.h, which seems to have disappeared.
None of those drivers (plus a few more) have been updated for 2.6 yet? Looks
like quite a bit of work to me.

Anyhow, for testing cirrusfb the new image might be suitable. 2.6.15-6 is
running rockstable on my Amiga so far, the problems with the wd33c93 SCSI
driver seem to be fixed, keyboard works, yes, including special characters,
but I should configure the keymap to match my actual keyboard. Speaking of
keyboards, if anybody has a spare A2000 keyboard, I'd be interested. My old
keyboard, which already had a few no longer working keys, fell down and now
really lost some keys. I had a replacement keyboard from an A500, which
works, but some keys are "sticky". Before somebody is throwing away a
keyboard, I'd be happy to take it. Or maybe I should try to get Lyra working
again in Linux...

Christian