Re: linux-image-2.6.15-6 (was: Solution for issue with PicassoII and flickering pixels)

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> cirrusfb is now built in, I tried to activate cyberfb, virgefb, and
> retinaz3fb as well, but the all failed due to missing includes:
> #include <video/fbcon.h>
>
> Also atafb is trying to include fbcon.h, which seems to have disappeared.
> None of those drivers (plus a few more) have been updated for 2.6 yet? Looks
> like quite a bit of work to me.

Indeed, they need to be updated for 2.6.

Atafb is rumoured to have been updated by the Aranym hackers many months ago,
it would be nice if we could lay our hands on that patch...

> Anyhow, for testing cirrusfb the new image might be suitable. 2.6.15-6 is

BTW, have you tried hardcoding the addresses in cirrusfb for your Z2 Picasso IV
yet? Then you should see graphics ;-)

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds