Re: Preparing the m68k port for the future.

[possible m68k/coldfire future]

Yo!

While I am almost 100% an x86 person myself, I like the 'Universal OS'
aspect of Debian in the sense of 'runs on any hardware I can find' very
much for ideological/advocacy reasons.  Not only as "something other Linux
distros don't do', but also as a very serious argument of being able to use
more or less the same environment everywhere - for example, on both my
workstation and also the embedded device I'm developing (producing reduced
flash images by stripping out all unnecessary files from a full Debian
install is something I've done in the past and found very, very easy to
maintain on upgrades, too.)

In that sense: good luck to you and keep that port alive!

cheers
-- vbi

--
What a misfortune to be a woman!  And yet, the worst misfortune is not to
understand what a misfortune it is.