Re: beta status

On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 05:53:53AM -0700, Christian T. Steigies wrote:

> > Still not in debian/main, so amiboot needs to go to contrib.
> libnix is an AmigaOS library, and is available on aminet, which IIRC predates
> Debian by a couple of years. Do you want to ship all free software on aminet
> with Debian now, too?

Oh, that would be nice... apt-get install yam amitcp3.3 and so ;))

>  http://main.aminet.net/dev/gcc/libnixV1_1.readme
>  Short:        A static library for gcc (V1.1)
>  Author:       fleischr@izfm.uni-stuttgart.de, gnikl@informatik.uni-rostock.de

Hmmm, I think Gunter has a different email address now, gn at gecko.de or
so... I can ask him when I see him the next time...

> As you see, this is a library for use with gcc, the AmigaOS version, which I assume
> is free also, after all it is GNU gcc. gcc, and crossgcc, are available on Aminet
> also. So where exactly does amiboot become non-free here? I wouldn't mind if 90% of
> the debian archive contained Amiga software, it has been a while that I received
> free Aminet CDs, but I guess some other arches might not like that waste of archive
> space.

;)

--
Ciao...                //        Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo           \X/         SIP: 2744150@sipgate.de

gpg pubkey: http://www.juergensmann.de/ij/public_key.asc