Re: beta status

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 02:08:07PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> installer/doc/devel/release-checklist as we can. At a minimum we need to
> make sure that businesscard, netinst, and full CDs (once we get some)
> work for i386 and powerpc and that the desktop task installs ok and
> works.

Joeyh, i wonder what you expect to get tested with regard to old-world, since
those floppies we have doesn't support miboot and have no chance of working.
I think it would be actually better to completely remove them from the beta
than try to claim we support this method while we do not.

Actually, we could simply make an exception for miboot and get it into the
archive, i think it is no worse than other cases (like amiboot, which is
linked to parts of amigaos, and thus non-free), and we do distribute those (or
at least used to distribute those in the woody times).

Friendly,

Sven Luther