Re: xdm will not open display

As suggested, I have made the strace information available at

http://www.luminet.net/~lancetag/debian/sarge/

the strace data was generated with the command:

strace -f -ff -o/root/xdm.trace /etc/init.d/xdm start &

the xdm.log and XFree86.0.log files are from boot,
the xdm.log.trace and XFree86.0.log.trace are from the strace.

I have also included some of the configuration files.  Let me know
others that should be added to aid in debugging.

I have also noticed that when run with strace, an xdm.pid will be
created in /var/run, but there is no xdm.pid in /var/run when
xdm is started at boot time, though an xdm process still runs
to put the login on my X terminal (Envizex1 in the logs).

Thanks,

Lance Lancetag at Luminet dot net