PCMCIA NE2000 Nic and current stable release

Hello !

I'm trying to install debian linux distribution to my amiga1200 with
blizzard 1230/mmu.
I've got a "plan" for building noiseless slim server for nightly downloads
from p2p networks, samba server for my home network and streaming services
for x-box =).
But there is a problem.
My PCMCIA TrendNet TE-210CT (it is cnet.device for amiga os 3.1 compatible)
fails with detection.
The problem is described here
http://lists.debian.org/debian-68k/2005/04/msg00001.html
Kernel is 2.4.27....
I'm almost sure, that it SHOULD work, because it ne2000 compatible and quite
old =).

So, there is a "kernel only with apne drivers" mentioned. How can I download
it ? Or may be someone can send me to "nzabrod#yandex.ru" ? I have only
2.4.27 stuff in CD image, so probably I just can "swap" kernel to new one,
but with same version.
Can I compile it on Windows platform with a cross-compiler or something ?
Where I can get some instructions for building 68k toolchain ?
(I never compiled any kernels before =)).

Or, for example, can I install 2.2.x version ? Can it support my 29 gb
partition for all my linux stuff ? Anyway, there are no kernel image on cd
(iso downloaded from official server). Any other ISO sources ?

Any help will be appreciated.

Nikolay O. Zabrodotskiy.