Re: Status of d-i kernel transition for 2.6.14

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 03:26:27PM -0600, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 12:00:09PM -0800, Brad Boyer wrote:
>
> > real testing on that after I get some other stuff fixed. The Q840AV
> > is another good choice due to the performance and being more like
> > some of the pmac hardware.
>
> I think you're saying I need to acquire a Q840AV. ;-)

That does seem to be one of the models getting the most attention. It's
kind of strange that the models with the hardware most unlike other
68k macs (the IIfx and the Q840AV) get the most attention. I guess
people like fiddling around with the funny interrupt controllers and
the DMA engines or something. It helps that they're higher performance
models as long as we can get the drivers fixed up. Having DMA for disk
transfers would be a big win, and I think the IIfx and the two AV
models are the only ones with a real DMA engine for SCSI.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com