Re: xdm will not open display

On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 09:29:41AM -0500, Lance Tagliapietra wrote:
[X failing to work]
> If I run X by iteself, as root: X -ac, for example, I will get an X
> display and X cursor, but no log in window.

Ah, so then your X setup does actually work; something must be wrong
with xdm.

If you try to run X by itself, and then in another virtual console say
"DISPLAY=:0 xdm", does that work?

(of course that's not a solution, but it will help to debug)

pavement is precisely one bananosecond