Re: CD-ROM mount failed
- To: Stephen R Marenka <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: CD-ROM mount failed
- From: Petr Stehlik <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 22:37:57 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <20050425184336.GA25937@marenka.net>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20050425184336.GA25937@marenka.net>
Stephen R Marenka píše v Po 25. 04. 2005 v 13:43 -0500:
> > But I must tell you that I have just updated the kernel and initrd.gz
> > with latest daily builds (previously I was using the one from CD which
> > was dated 2005-03-23, not 2005-04-23 as I said originally) and it now
> > works correctly.
> The m68k daily initrds use cdrom-detect 1.06 which isn't released yet.
> At least that patch seems to work as well for you as for me. :-)
After a long time I tried to install debian m68k again. Sarge still
suffers from the "Detect and mount CD-ROM failed" bug while daily
snapshot of etch features new problem:
Setting up filesystem, please wait ...
cp: usr/bin/debconf-copyd: No such file or directory
Kernel panic: Attempted to kill init!
Doesn't someone have the right initrd.gz I was successful with back in
April? And why does official Sarge still contain 3 months old initrd.gz
from March 7th(!) that was known to not work correctly?
Thanks a lot.