Re: m68k machines at debcamp

On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 08:59:17AM -0500, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 01:53:10AM +0200, Peter 'p2' De Schrijver wrote:
>
> > We are looking to get some m68k machines sponsored for the debcamp for various
> > development tasks. In order to have an idea which architectures people want
> > to work on, we look for some projects or things people would be working on
> > involving m68k. If you have a request for a certain subarch or have some
> > idea involving m68k, please mail me. I will coordinate with Andreas as to what
> > we can actually get hold of.
>
> Things I'd love to see for d-i support.
>
> parted #239816: please support m68k/atari partitions. This is keeping
> atari from having full d-i support. Plus m68k can then punt d-i
> partconf support (one less combination of paths to test). (Note: might
> could be developed with aranym, then validated against atari hw.)
>
> vmelilo #250578: vmelilo shouldn't need root to write images. Seems like
> this didn't look too hard to do. Need a way to test it though and no
> body seems to be using vme with floppies.
>
> Any kind of m68k testing of d-i would be appreciated. Mac's with 2.2
> kernels are the best tested because that's what I have (emile support
> would be cool though). Aranym now supports linux, so I've just started
> working with that to get better atari support (unfortunately, I've been
> too busy lately). Everything else is majorly undertested.

Well -- mvme16x was working okayish around august; but the VME
machine I got donated has a broken powersupply in the mean time, so I
can't test anymore, and I seem to have lost the name and email address
of the guy who donated me the hardware :(

If anyone knows who I'm talking about, I'd love it... he's from Utrecht,
and is involved with HCC68K, that's all I remember...

pavement is precisely one bananosecond