Re: m68k machines at debcamp

On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 01:53:10AM +0200, Peter 'p2' De Schrijver wrote:

> We are looking to get some m68k machines sponsored for the debcamp for various
> development tasks. In order to have an idea which architectures people want
> to work on, we look for some projects or things people would be working on
> involving m68k. If you have a request for a certain subarch or have some
> idea involving m68k, please mail me. I will coordinate with Andreas as to what
> we can actually get hold of.

Things I'd love to see for d-i support.

parted #239816: please support m68k/atari partitions. This is keeping
atari from having full d-i support. Plus m68k can then punt d-i
partconf support (one less combination of paths to test). (Note: might
could be developed with aranym, then validated against atari hw.)

vmelilo #250578: vmelilo shouldn't need root to write images. Seems like
this didn't look too hard to do. Need a way to test it though and no
body seems to be using vme with floppies.

Any kind of m68k testing of d-i would be appreciated. Mac's with 2.2
kernels are the best tested because that's what I have (emile support
would be cool though). Aranym now supports linux, so I've just started
working with that to get better atari support (unfortunately, I've been
too busy lately). Everything else is majorly undertested.

I don't suppose we could have a 2.6 kernel for macs? ;-)

Thanks,

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>