Re: creating a linux partition on a mac hard disc, questions about penguin, installer problems

Success! Sarge is commanding an old IIci

To answer some questions:
- MacOS can be installed with the emulator BasilsikII without a floppy or cd
drive
- when using a kernel with a not matching ram disk it looks like
http://bastian.appenzeller.net/dsc00819.jpg.
- my graphic card runs in Linux without a problem (model is something with
"supermac")

The installation did not finish correctly, there was a warning with mounting
or unmountig partitions. Not to be sure what to do (and needed sleep), I
switched to the console and used the "poweroff" command. The installation did
not come to the part where to set the root password and create a user.
Next time I booted in MacOS, I was able to boot with Penguin into the new
installed Linux  (the root password is just pressing return). When in the
system, everything seems to be OK. Need to play a little bit more with it
before knowing this. Unfortunately I did not test the network (one terminator
is missing) .

Thanks to everybody who helped!