Re: Problem with Sarge-NetInstall m68k on my Amiga (won't even start...)

Tobias Matschke wrote:
 But I can't even start the
installer, because it doesn't find the size of the ram-disk. This may be related to the fact, that there ist no "root.bin" throughout the whole CD.>

The error message says it is looking for '../root.bin' which is not a valid AmigaDOS path (Unless root.bin is in a directory called '..'). It probably means /root.bin if it wants the previous directory. Last time I installed on an Amiga I copied all of the install files (Bootloader, Kernel, Ramdisk) to a directory on the hard disk.

PS: I cross-chrecked this with UAE, but the problem persists.
Linux won't run on UAE. The CPU emulation is not good enough (No MMU). Even if it worked the only storage you would have is ram disks and floppies since there would be no driver for the UAE HDD interface.

--
Shawn D'Alimonte  shawnd@mycybernet.net