Re: Installing on a PB190

Falk Husemmann wrote:

> Hello Damiano,
> I'm sorry to have to tell you, but your Device is only useable via the
> serial port. You could attach a serial Console, but I think that is
> not, what you want.

If I could get the Ethernet to work, why not? Problem is, I tried to
configure the serial ports in the Penguin booter, but it didn't work.
Nothing came out of them during the boot.

> You've picked one of the most least supported Devices there exist for
> Linux/m68k. You're running a 68LC040 :-/

I could be wrong, but I somehow doubt that my problems with the
installation are due to lack of LC040 support (that is, to incomplete FPU
emulation, or to the infamous "LC040 chip bug"). I do not get any segfaults
or kernel panics or any of the usual symptoms.

> If you want to start hacking on the Kernel-Sources right away, no one
> will stop you.

I'd love to, but I can't tell a variable from a function declaration, so I
guess I'd better leave that to the real hackers :-)

Ron Johnson wrote:

> Besides, isn't the PowerBook 190 powered by, well, a PowerPC CPU?

Well, I think I'm still able to tell a M68k from a PPC, though ;-)

Thanks everybody,

Damiano Giorgi