Re: [linux-mac68k] Results of trying 2.6.7 and 2.6.8 on Macintosh Quadra 650

On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 10:40:51PM +0200, Erik C.J. Laan wrote:

> I'm wondering if the SCSI messages from the "2.6.[78]-mac_run4*txt" logs
> are any indication whether the fix to disable SCSI reselects is actually
> in these kernels. This fix is activated by the mac53c9x=1,0 kernel
> commandline argument and Kars de Jong wrote on Aug 19 in a message on
> the debian-68k-maillist (thread "light weight desktop for browsing" ;-)
> that he thought this fix had not been entered in the general Linux-m68k
> CVS, while it has been in the Linux-mac68k CVS since Ray Knight wrote it
> for 2.2.20 in June of 2001. My experience with multiple SCSI drives (HD,
> CD) on a 68040 Mac is that this fix is essential.

I did not sync with linux-mac68k, so that fix is probably not in. Tell me
when it is included in linux-m68k CVS, I will update my kernel-patch then and
rebuild those kernels. This seems to be the major problem getting 2.6 to work
on the mac? That would be good news.

Christian