Re: ext3

Ron,

I am using kernel 2.2.25 from the sarge area on debian.org. How do I tell if I have ext3 in the kernel? This machine doesn't have enough space to install all the source and such, so I will not be able to build my own kernel.

Tony

On Sat, 2004-08-21 at 12:17 -0600, Tony Pitman wrote:
> When I installed debian the only file system choice was ext2. Now that I
> have it all installed I would like to change it to ext3. Is there a way to
> do that WITHOUT erasing all the data?

Absolutely.  That's the great thing about ext3...

# tune2fs -j /dev/your.disk.partition.here

Don't forget to edit /etc/fstab afterwards!!

BTW, is ext3 support compiled into your kernel?

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B

"If thine enemy offend thee, give his child a drum."
Chinese Curse