Re: Kernel 2.6 for m68k/amiga

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004, Storm66 wrote:
> After 2 or three minutes I try to ping the A2000 from another machine
> with no success, I try to key in some user/password ... nothing
> I reboot on the old system to look at the kernel.log, the system did
> start but I think it hangs after the last message (kern.log is
> attached).

Boot log looks fine, except for a few things:

| Warning: unable to open an initial console.

I assume you do have /dev/console being major 5 minor 1? Did you pass any
`console=' or `debug=' parameters to the kernel command line? Please add
`console=tty0' at the end to be sure.

Or you can use a serial console.

I saw no network card being detected, so it's normal you cannot ping. What kind
of network card do you have? Probably the driver is missing.

And it looks like the SCSI driver even survived all bitrot ;-)

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds